Job vacancy: Executive - Compliance
- Carrying out Compliance review of the files housed at the management company and its subsidiaries– including ensuring compliance with statutory filing requirements to Registrar of Companies and Financial Services Commission paying fees, tax return, VAT return, and other;
- Making compliance and due diligence reports;
- Ensuring a regular compliance follow up on the files and the effective implementation of reviews;
- Overseeing the client’s compliance and reporting to the Head of Compliance;
- Checking the completeness of due diligence documents of clients;
- Helping in the take on of new clients and assisting in the client acceptance procedures;
- Helping management in reviewing the compliance policy, procedures and internal controls;
- Liaising with the regulatory bodies (including Mauritius Financial Services Commission);
- Assisting in the pre-visit preparation and onsite visit of regulators;
- Engaging actively in adoption and implementation of KYC principles and the anti-money laundering and combatting terrorism financing measures, laws and guidelines;
- Drafting and updating Compliance and AML policies and procedures, regulatory returns and compliance reviews of company literature;
- Conducting training sessions for educating and advising staff and senior management on compliance issues, coordinating personnel training requirements, identifying business risks and keeping up to date with changes to AML and Compliance regulatory requirements;
- Updating the compliance library on an ongoing basis;
- Maintaining all inhouse registers up to date.
- Searching for latest news in the field of corporate law, international financial sector and related industries;
- Keeping the other members of staff informed of these latest events;
- Assisting in the application of permits (occupation, residence and permanent residence);
- Any other related work/ assignment specific research as may be requested by the Reporting line.
Qualifications and Key Competencies:
- Degree in Law/ Finance/ management or other related qualifications.
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Experience in the financial services industry would be a plus
- Good understanding and knowledge of FATCA and CRS will be an advantage
- Familiar with relevant laws and regulations such as FIAMLA, FIAML Regulations, AML/CFT framework and the financial services framework.
Kindly express your interest by sending your CV on: email@example.com
Deadline for application: 06 November 2023
For more information, please visit our LinkedIn and Facebook page: JurisTax Group
Level 3, Ebene House, Hotel Avenue 33 Cybercity, Ebene, 72201 Mauritius. Tel: (+230) 465 5526 | Fax: (+230) 468 1886 Website: www.juristax.com